Tuesday, February 9, 2010

3rd team member intro

Name: Josh Hunt

Age: 21

Hometown: Hastings, Hawkes Bay

Background:
I am a city slicker through and through, my family live only a few blocks away from the Hastings CBD. My Father is a very accomplished and creative Hairdresser and I owe my design flare to him.

Interests:
Love playing sports, Hockey is the favorite (I am on a Lincoln Uni Sports Scholarship). Enjoy Playing the Guitar and having a sing along around a fire.

Why Landscape Architecture?
I always enjoyed Graphics and Art at school. To be honest I kind of just jumped in the deep end hoping it was what I wanted… three years in and still loving it.

What Ellerslie means for me?
It is a chance to finally get some ideas off the drawing board and into practice. Entering the small model competition last year at Ellerslie also made me want to step to the next level. I ran a large-scale concert in Hawkes Bay as part of the Young Enterprise Scheme in my final year at High School and I’m eager to take on another big project.

After Lincoln?
Nothing is set in concrete but the general goal is to work for a landscape architect and contractor for a few years to learn the industry. Then I hope to wind up running my own small scale landscape design firm.




No comments:

Post a Comment